1814 – Bridgeport from Luzerne Twp.
The town of Bridgeport was laid out by Rees Cadwallader in 1794. On March 9, 1814
Bridgeport was incorporated as a borough.
1815 – Brownsville from Brownsville Twp.
Thomas Brown laid out the town in 1785, being surrounded by Brownsville Township. It was erected as a borough on January 9, 1815.
1840 – Fayette City – from Washington Twp.
Fayette City was previously called Cookstown and before that Freeport. It was laid out by Edward Cook, Esq. and named Freeport previous to 1807. A petition was presented for the erection of Cookstown into a borough on Dec. 5, 1839 and the court decreed that it should be erected into a borough in March of 1840. The borough line was extended in September of 1847. Known as Cookstown from 1825 to 1854, its name was changed to Fayette City in 1854.
1863 – Belle Vernon from Washington Twp.
Belle Vernon was laid out by Noah Speer in 1813. It was erected as a borough April 15, 1863. It should be mentioned that part of Belle Vernon lies in Westmoreland County and part in Fayette
1872 – Dawson 1872 from Tyrone Twp.
The town was laid out by Alfred Howell in 1866 and was originally called Bloomington, ignoring the railroad designation of Dawson’s Station. On June 8, 1872 it was incorporated as the
borough of Dawson.
1876 – Masontown 1876 from German Twp.
In 1798 John Mason laid out the town and it was called Germantown. It was incorporated as a borough March, 1876.
Other boroughs include: Dunbar, Everson, Fairchance, Markleysburg, Newell, Ohiopyle, Perryopolis, Point Marion, Smithfield, South Connellsville and Vanderbilt.